2 Week At-Home
Detox and Digestion Boot Camp
The Colorado Cleanse is a 2 week at-home detox and digestive reset program, designed to help detoxify fat soluble toxins that can store for years in the fat cells.* Unlike other fad cleanses, the Colorado Cleanse is rooted in sound medical science and the ancient cleansing wisdom of Ayurveda. This kitchari cleanse has been developed by Dr. Douillard through decades of clinical practice with thousands of successful cleansers, many of whom are now its biggest fans.
Where fad cleanses emphasize extreme fasting and dangerously unbalanced diets, the Colorado Cleanse relies on a gentle, simple kitchari diet that allows the body to burn fat without hunger pains.
And where fad cleanses trigger blood sugar crashes, starvation-mode cravings and immediate binging afterwards, the Colorado Cleanse balances the blood sugar, allowing the body to enjoy the contented blissful energy of natural fat-metabolism, while you continue working and going about your daily life.
The Colorado Cleanse is unique because it repairs the body’s detox and digestive channels before starting the detox. Cleansing without this preparation can move toxins from one fat cell to another, which defeats the purpose of cleansing and often manifests as stubborn digestive weakness and symptoms of lymphatic congestion.*
The Colorado Cleanse is a 2 week at-home detox and digestive rejuvenation program. You can do the Anytime Colorado Cleanse at your own convenience, or your can join us each Spring and Fall during the Group Colorado Cleanse. The Colorado Cleanse can be done while working and leading your regular lifestyle.
Do you want a more vibrantly healthy body in just two weeks?
- Do you feel sluggish, toxic or overweight?
- Have you been putting stuff into your body that makes you feel gross?
- Are you concerned about the constant environmental toxins we are exposed to?
- Do you want more energy and a stronger immune system?
- Do you want to lose weight and reset your body to crave naturally healthy foods?
- Have you changed your diet because you can’t digest certain foods well, such as dairy or gluten?
- Do mood swings and cravings overwhelm you?
- Do you want to release old mental patterns, emotions and behaviors?
- Do you want to do all of this naturally and gently, without extreme fasting or discomfort?
What does the Cleanse involve?
During the 2-week Colorado Cleanse you will do a daily practice of yoga, meditation, and breathing exercises, 12 minutes of aerobic exercise, take Ayurvedic herbal formulas that support the detox process, and eat a special kitchari cleanse diet during one of the three phases:
PHASE 1 (Days 1-4)
To prepare your body to flush these toxins out of their storage sites, we will first make sure that your natural detox channels are functional by following an allergen-free whole foods diet, eating 3 specific foods each day, and taking the specified herbs. This will help:
- Balance Blood Sugar and Heal Intestinal Villi: Start by stabilizing your blood sugar and healing the intestinal mucosa of your intestinal tract.
- De-Stagnate the Lymphatic System: Improve the function of your lymphatic system, which drains the gut through the GALT (Gut Associated Lymphatic Tissue) where 80% of the body’s immune system is housed.
- Thin the Bile and Prepare to Detox: Once the detox channels of the lymph are moving, de-congest the liver and thin the bile. Adequate bile flow is critical in optimizing and maintaining the detox channels of the body.
PHASE 2 (Days 5-11)
During Phase 2, you will eat a simplified diet of nonfat kitchari, which is a specific type of rice and beans prepared in a way that helps heal the digestion. You will also be drinking increasing amounts of ghee each morning, performing an ancient Ayurvedic process called “Oleation”. You will close Phase 2 with a gentle laxative therapy on day 11.
- Reset Fat Metabolism, Flush the Liver and Detox Toxic Fat: Once the liver and bile are functioning better, cleanse the toxic chemicals that are stored in the fat cells.
- Self-Inquiry Exercises to help release old emotions, patterns, habits and behaviors that store in the fat cells.
PHASE 3 (Days 12-14)
After the kitchari cleanse diet during Phase 2, you will return to the Phase 1 diet and add a Digestive Reset Protocol to boost your digestive fire.
- Reset Digestive Strength: After the cleanse, reset your upper digestive strength, which is the most common cause of digestive distress.
AFTER THE CLEANSE
You will continue taking your herbal formulas for a few more weeks. In addition, we recommend that you follow a seasonal, whole foods diet, which you will naturally have the craving for now.
**These patient reports reflect the results of individual patients and as results will vary, similar results should not be expected.**
As an editor for such publications as Yoga Journal and Natural Health, I see a lot of “detox plans.” Most are based on good intentions and pseudoscience. I enrolled in the Colorado Cleanse because I knew from first-hand experience”multiple interviews”that John Douillard was the real deal.**
This is a cleanse based on a clear understanding of body dynamics.
It’s not about suffering ”fasting, denial”but about working with your own body rhythms to create better health.**
My own results were undeniable. I lost 11 pounds. More important, my blood pressure dropped from 160/98 to 125/75. That is a HUGE gain in health.**
Thank you, Dr. Douillard.
~Kind regards, Hillari Dowdle
Colorado Cleanse Participant, May 2010
So many things amazed me about the cleanse. The tangible results were obvious – lost 11 pounds and it came off in places where it’s always hard to lose. I usually lose from the top down, but this weight came off my thighs, hips and middle first. My eyes were whiter and brighter and I felt so much lighter. I was tired initially, but that didn’t last and I slept so well. It felt so good to be taking the time to take care of myself.
Now the intangibles. I had some baseline blood work done a month before the cleanse and then again a week after so I could see those results. Wow! My cholesterol dropped 57 points, my TSH went from 6.31 to 1.85 and Lipoprotein (a) went from 72 to 7.And, mind you, I had been trying hard prior to the cleanse to manage those numbers with nutrition, diet and exercise. So, something really clicked with the cleanse.
It was so helpful to do this as a group cleanse. The information and support made me much more aware of what was happening in my body.
Colorado Cleanse Participant, May 2012
Nothing but good news! In the two weeks I not only shed the little bit of extra winter weight that my body just couldn’t let go, but systematically reprogrammed my attitude about food and revamped my eating habits. I had some reoccurring skin rashes that were similar to eczema around my ears – usually triggered by stress and dehydration – gone.I had a node in my neck that would come and go, but never really went away – gone (manjistha is my miracle!), I have found that when I do eat something “sinful” and delicious, my body processes it, and I don’t have lingering cravings.Overall, I found the cleanse to be THE MOST BENEFICIAL and thoughtful cleanse out there. No one goes hungry, and the blissful state of being that accompanies the cleanse is the best gift to self! Thank you, Dr. J!!
Colorado Cleanse Participant, May 2012
What does it cost?
The cost for the Colorado Cleanse includes all of the essential detox supplies, supportive herbal formulas, instructions and education.